Pages

Contact me:

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Come Here Sweet Thang!

With Halloween now behind us, I'm faced with the reality of the upcoming holiday season. The time of year that seems to go by the fastest. It's as if Father Time pushes the fast forward button and all of a sudden it's a new year. Although every day seems like a whirlwind of chaos, there is something about November and December that adds to the craziness of every day life.

I do love the holidays, but they've definitely taken on a new twist now that I've become an adult. Don't get me wrong and I don't want to sound like Ebenezer Scrooge, but there's so much chaos during this time of year that the very site of Christmas items at the stores sends my blood pressure up, up and up.  

I. do. not. like. Christmas shopping!!!!!

I have to admit, I'm somewhat of an emotional eater. When the going gets tough, desserts and chocolate seem to call me. There cries of, "I'm here. Enjoy my yumminess. I'll make you feel better" become louder and louder to the point where I can no longer resist. 

It was just a few days ago that I noticed that I happened to enjoy 3, count them 3, Reese's peanut butter cups right before bed. I was a work and I lost count of how many "fun" size pieces of candy I ate. What's so fun about fun size anyways? I could probably go on and on but I've lost count. 

So I ask all of you this, how do you cope with the holiday season? Perhaps it's just me who become so overwhelmed. I'm open to suggestions. 

In the mean time, there's a dark chocolate Milky Way calling me. Yes, it's supposedly "fun" size. Let the fun of the holiday season begin. 

13 comments:

  1. Seriously?! Three? That's all. Please. How about a bag? I ate a whole bag of those fun size twix bars, over a few days, but still. An ENTIRE bag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to say that I work out to deal with stress or just "lose my appetite," but alas, I also indulge in the yumminess of treats. Last year I tried to only eat seasonal things that I wouldn't eat at other times of the year (like candy corn at Halloween). That helped a little :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, I've been in the Halloween chocolate since...well, before Halloween!
    I know, I can't believe Xmas is around the corner. I don't like the shopping either, so this year, everyone is getting handed cold hard cash. Oh, I'll wrap it in a nice big box, but my goal is to enter the stores as little as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you tried pretzels? They won't prevent you from eating more chocolate but they do make a tasty accompaniment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am an emotional eater also and the Halloween candy hanging around right now is not so great! I love chocolate! I hope you are doing great! Try to think about all the fun and exciting things about the holidays to clear your head of all the stress. And start shopping now! :) Have a great night!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL...I am the say way during the holiday season. I hate going shopping in those crazy crowds. I almost got beat up one year over a Dora doll...never again. I will do all me shopping on line and my goal is to be done by Nov 31st *crosses fingers*

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hear you! Christmas shopping is one of my least favorite things. I have a grim reminder of this every year, as they start putting the decorations out earlier and earlier.

    I think you are coping well enough. Reese's peanut butter cups can cure just about any woes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hate Christmas shopping. Thank God for Amazon Prime. My coping mechanism? Brownies and snuggling with D2. Or maybe both at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do love reese's peanut butter cups! But as far as 'fun size' candy goes, it's either snickers or twix.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The holidays...I agree that the Fast Foward button has been pushed. I usually buy gift cards now or I try to buy things online. My little guy is not interested in shopping for too long, and I don't have much time to go places without him, so... Oh, and yes, "fun size" pieces of candy. I guess they're not so fun when you realize you've just put on those extra 5 to 10 holiday pounds. Anything "fun size" and chocolate does me in!

    ReplyDelete
  11. yeah- I lost a battle with 1/2 a chocolate cake this morning- So I pity you not for 3 mere reese's cups! lol
    Try gum and brushing your teeth. That's my trick (you know, when I choose to use it!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have been battling the halloween candy like crazy. I'm losing by the way.

    I am also an emotional eater. Having all this candy lying around makes it really easy just to eat my emotions until they bend at my will.

    I am completely with you on this entire post. Also, I am really not the type to self-promote or put links in comments, but this sounds a lot like something I wrote recently. Go check it out if you want: http://wp.me/p1aAeL-p

    ReplyDelete
  13. Seriously, the hoidays are rough! Over at Yahoo Shine, the Parenting Gurus were tasked with offering our suggestions for coping with holiday stress, some of these moms have great ideas, check out Shine here! http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/parenting/

    ReplyDelete