Pages

Contact me:

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Looking Forward to 2011

I hope everyone had a very happy holiday season. We're down to one more holiday. The New Year!!!! 2011!!!!

Looking back at 2010, it was filled with a lot of bad news. The word cancer in various forms came up multiple times this year. Up to now, we are still dealing with it. There were also some very unexpected deaths and other illnesses.

I know, I'm sounding like such a downer. With all of that said, 2010 was also filled with so many priceless moments that I shouldn't push into the shadows of depression. Celebrating Christmas reminded me how precious life can be.

Ever since the birth of my children, life has taken on a brand new meaning. Princess Ninja and Chubs have allowed me to appreciate life. The amazement and magic of everyday life through the eyes of my children is truly a wonder that I cannot get enough of.

Some of you may have noticed, I have not been present in the blogging world as often as I'd like. Its mainly due to the fact that I'm trying to savor as much of life with my family as humanly possible.

=========================================================================

Mental note that I never want to forget, so I'm sharing it with all of you as a means of preserving it. I'd love to hear one of your favorite memories so that we can somehow archive it here and remind each other how great life can truly be.

Christmas Eve, Princess Ninja and I spent most of the morning and afternoon baking treats for family and Santa. Prior to leaving the house, Princess Ninja and H leave a plate of truffle balls and milk for Santa. Of course, we can't forget about those hard working reindeer. A small box of raisins were placed by the fireplace as well.

We arrived back to our house past midnight on Christmas Day. Both kids are sound asleep in their car seats. H and I quietly try to place each child in their room without waking them. There isn't a single wrapped gift under the tree. This was done on purpose and not by shear laziness. Chubs has a tendency to open gifts.

As I walk down the stairs, I see the yummy truffle balls, glass of milk, and raisins for Santa. How could I resist such a delectable midnight snack. H and I spent the remainder of the night wrapping and placing gifts under the tree and in their stockings.

Come Christmas morning, the look on the children's faces as they saw all the gifts Santa left is engraved in my mind. Princess Ninja was so proud that Santa ate the special treats that she made that she's still talking about it with a smile as big as Texas on her face. Priceless.

11 comments:

  1. What a sweet memory (and yum, truffle balls, next year we're doing those instead of sugar cookies!)

    I hope that your 2011 is filled with happier news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that you had a wonderful Christmas Eve. Here's hoping that 2011 brings healing and health to your family. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful Christmas memory! I really appreciate the fact that you're spending your time savoring life. That's what it's all about. I've really been trying to do the same, it's been amazing. Wishing you a wonderful 2011 dear friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a magical Christmas moment. So precious! And I fully applaud your choice to spend time with your family instead of blogging. I struggle with this all the time. I love blogging and all the amazing writers I've met, but it is such a black hole of time. It never feels like I am caught up, no matter how much time I dedicate to it. I wish I could find a better balance. Good for you for knowing where to put your boundaries. Maybe I will use you as inspiration and make this my New Years Goal for 2011. Happy New Year to you and your beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My children are now grown up and i still miss the time when they still believed in father christmas. Looks like you had a blessed day, and may your 2011 be the same.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mama, I'm missing you! I need an update. How are you?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you are ding well! Missed your posts! Have a great day!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just found your blog, the title caught my eyes..I am missing Bandung soo much :) Lovely blog btw...come visit me back at http://cutecoconut.com Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. eh btw, join Indonesia Mom Blogs Directory yuk! di http://blog.cutecoconut.net ...This is not a SPAM message, simply just want to invite your great blog to be listed with us :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. is the domain still for sale? i'm trying to put together a solid network of good pr blogs.
      Estetik

      Delete
    2. The blog was absolutely fantastic! Lots of great information and inspiration, both of which we all need!
      Kızlık zarı
      Genital estetik

      Delete