Pages

Contact me:

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Cupcake Cake



Glancing at my social calendar, I noticed it no longer has key phrases like happy hour, drinks with the girls, dinner with ____, movie night, etc. More and more, my weekends are being filled with kids birthday parties. One of the best parts of a birthday party is the cake.

But wait, how about a Cupcake cake?!?!

An "entire" cake made of cupcakes!!!!


I've even ordered a few of these creations for my own kids events. I love this concept for a number of reasons.

The most obvious, "Who doesn't love a cupcake?!?!" They're so nostalgic. They scream childhood. They take you back to a time where you didn't have a worry in the world.

Another reason why I love this concept is because there are no knives or utensils involved. It's one less thing to worry about and contributes to the Green movement. You basically pull the cake apart, unwrap your little treasure and enjoy. They're individually pre-sliced! Individual serving sizes vary....I can probably scarf down 3+ of these morsels.

I was lucky enough to find Go Custom Cakes by B.
The lady behind the B is Bertha. A full-time wife, mother (ages 6 and 4) and baker. One of the first things that drew me to Bertha is that she was a self-taught baker and decorator. No fancy culinary school, just a lot of "trial and error."

She got her start by making her son's first birthday cake. According to Bertha, "I enjoyed it so much and found every excuse to make one which served as practice." An average cupcake cake can take about 2-3.5 hours depending on the design.

As far as offering any advice to those interested in baking and the art of the cupcake cake, "Practice, practice, practice and do no be afraid to try new techniques." I've posted some of her favorite cupcake cake pictures throughout this article.

To add to her culinary talent, she also makes some beautiful cakes. I'm bias to my ever favorite cupcake. Please check out her other designs at http://www.flickr.com/photos/gocustomcakesbyb/




No comments:

Post a Comment