Pages

Contact me:

Monday, May 31, 2010

Summertime make-up (stuff I heart)

It's summer! At least in my world. Officially, according to Answers.com, the first real day of summer in the Northern Hemisphere is in June. Blah, blah, blah. Regardless, it's getting warmer and warmer!

I'd like to do a favorite list for summer foundation-ish. If you keep reading, you'll see why it's called "ish". Mind you, I'm not a make-up guru. I've never received my MAC diploma or attended a single class on how to appy make-up. I think my only real credential is that I am a Sephora V.I.B. (very important beauty insider). Meaning, I've spent some hard earn $$$ at that store. It's the Toys R Us/Nordstroms of make-up....love it. Plus, you can order on-line and get samples.

Now that you know my credentials, let's move on.


Drum roll please!!!!

1.) Nars: Sheer Glow Foundation
It claims it can improve skin brightness, radiance, and texture leaving skin with a luminous, sensual glow.

Seriously, who out there couldn't use a little luminous, sensual glow? Especially when you're getting a few hours sleep and running around chasing the kids, doing laundry, cooking, cleaning, etc. You get what I'm saying.

This is my favorite! I seem to reach for it more often than not. The consistency is pretty light. It's very easy to blend. You don't even have to use a loose powder to set it. The coverage is nice. It looks like skin...not too matte and not really glowy (even though it says it gives a glow).

Seriously, who's skin really glows? Healthy, maybe.

Although, it is recommended for those that have normal to dry skin, I still use it. I have combination skin. T-zone can look like an oily mess if I'm not careful. I don't even touch up after a 10-12+ hour day.

Sadly, it doesn't have a SPF. You'll still need to use a primer or moisturizer to protect against the sun. Say no to wrinkles and skin damage!

Speaking of damage, it'll run you $42 at Sephora.


This product claims to be a lightweight foundation that can be reapplied as necessary

Who really wants to reapply foundation during the day? Actually, who has time to reapply?

It's definitely more of a foundation than a tinted moisturizer. It just seems thicker. I still like the coverage. Skin looks more matte rather than the sheer look you would expect from a moisturizer. I prefer the oil-free formulation to help with that oily T-zone.

It does have a SPF 20. I had a harder time finding my ideal shade. Overall, a good product that's easy to use.

Again, $42 at Sephora.

States it is a mineral-based foundation that gives flawless coverage

It does offer good coverage and it's buildable. It's easy to use: swir, tap, buff (I think that's what they tell you to do). Skin looks natural but better after using it. It has a SPF 15. It offers a pretty good range as far as colors.

My pet peeve is that the powder gets everywhere. The guy at the store told me to punch a few holes on the sticker of a new container to eliminate overload. Tried it and it didn't work. Maybe I'm just messy.

It'll run you $25.

The products range from a foundation, tinted "moisturizer", and powder. I find for the hot summer months, these tend to hold up. I use all three. It depends on my mood, what I'm doing that day, how the stars are aligned and what my horoscope says.

Side note: All products were purchased using my money. Reviews were done by my own experience using these products and claims were those of the manufacturer.

2 comments:

  1. I also love the Bare Minerals and the 2nd time I went to Sephora for a demo, the salesperson showed me how not to get the powder everywhere. Instead of tapping it like they do on the infomercial, hold the brush completely vertical and tap up and down. The extra powder goes inside the brush and ends up on your face. It's magic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love bare minerals! It's not heavy but has good coverage. I don't break out with this like I do with Mac products.

    ReplyDelete