Pages

Contact me:

Monday, August 23, 2010

Family Fun Day

 I had this whole family day planned out. The Mr. and I are both off today. It's a weekday and most people have returned to work. A lot of the schools here have also started up again. To top it off, it's a gorgeous day to hang out at the beach or by the water. All the makings of some fun in the sun with the family.

To start off family fun day, I woke up and made chocolate chip pancakes and had myself a cup of iced coffee. Everyone was dressed and ready to go by 9:00AM. By the way, that's a record in this family. Normally it's a struggle to wrangle up the kids. By the end of the morning, I'm exhausted. No, this morning was easy breezy. 

Oh, did I mention that both kids have fallen asleep before I even loaded up the car? I went upstairs to gather a few more supplies and I see Princess Ninja asleep. As I continue organizing our supplies, I see Chubs rolling around the living room entertaining himself. The next thing I know, he's asleep on the floor. 

Great! Well there's been a change of plans. We're all going to take naps. When we wake up, fun in the sun will be reevaluated. Until then, this is definitely my idea of family fun day. 

8 comments:

  1. You lived my dream! I love it when my daughter wakes up and then goes back to sleep. It's as exciting as hitting the lottery. Okay, maybe slightly less exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you roll with the punches. Napping can equate to a family fun day!

    Hope the day was everything you needed it to be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say that every time I see the illustration in the header I smile! It is really cute! I would love a nap! I do not know the last time I had one. Have a great night!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great! Hope everyone woke up rested and ready to go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is nothing better than wanting to take a nap and then getting to take a nap!

    Well done, you!

    Love that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, a nap. I wanted one so badly today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nap is fun too! :D Sounds like a perfect day to me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. naps are HIGHLY underrated. I'd nap every day if I could.

    ReplyDelete