Pages

Contact me:

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Confessions of a Twilight fan





I'm going to admit it, I'm a Twilight fan. I know it's so teeny-bopper. I'm slightly ashamed to admit it, but I'm also squealing like a teenage girl on the inside, because Eclipse is coming out at the end of the month.

That whole series of books helped me through my pregnancy with my second child. Wait, let me rephrase that. That series prevented me from getting much needed sleep with my second child.

My sister-in-law was the one who introduced me to the books. At first, I was very, very reluctant to read them. I mean seriously...vampires, werewolves, teenage love. I didn't get it! It was all cheesy to me. How could I possibly relate? I'm definitely not a teenager. I was about to be a mother of two kids. I'm an adult, for goodness sakes. It sounded like a waste of time. After awhile, I thought I'd give the first book a go. What did I have to lose? I lost a lot of sleep is what I lost!!!!

After I finished the first book one evening, I needed to get the next book, New Moon. It was probably about 9:00 in the evening when I finished reading Twilight. I changed out of my pajamas and slipped into sweats and a T-shirt. I could at least look a little presentable heading out. I packed, my then 1 year old daughter, in the car so we could go to Target. I carried her all the way to the book section, along with my 6 month pregnant belly, purchased the book, and headed home to read it.

I was hooked! Until this day, I really don't know what has me so addicted to this. Seriously, if a guy was looking at me the way Edward looks at Bella, I would be calling the police. It's a little freaky. I could probably go on and on about stuff especially things in the movie. By the way, I hate how the movies don't follow the books exactly. I guess that's Hollywood.

I'd also like to admit I've read Twilight and New Moon twice. I would read them every 2-3 hours during my son's night feedings. They helped me get through some long nights. If I could, I'd read Eclipse another time before the movie. The books are so much better than the movies. Perhaps it's because one's imagination is so much better than anything Hollywood could produce.

I'll be the first to admit that the acting in the movies isn't the greatest. I wouldn't call the books equivalent to Shakespeare either. Somehow, some way they take you away from the everyday world for just that one moment. They take you to a place of innocence, fairy tales, and your first teenage love. They remind you of the butterflies that once occupied your stomach, and the overwhelming feelings of emotion when "He" would look at you. Sometimes that's all we need.

Confession: The kids are asleep. I have an early start time at work tomorrow (Wed, June 9). I'm patiently waiting for Hubs to come home, so I can drive all the way to work to purchase Eclipse tickets at midnight!

The facility I work for rented out a movie theatre, so the employees can watch a June 29 showing of Eclipse. To top it off, they're selling tickets for $7.50! Wish me luck!

While I'm on a roll on the confessions, I also own a "Team Edward" shirt. Let's end it at that!

No comments:

Post a Comment