Pages

Contact me:

Monday, June 28, 2010

I Heart: Full N' Soft & Lash Blast

While the last ounce of caffeine is starting to make it's way out of my system, I thought I'd do a quick review on some fine and dandy mascaras that I've been loving. They're both drug store mascaras that won't break your piggy bank.

First is Maybelline's Full N' Soft: waterproof in very black. The reason why this one is first is because I've been using it for years and years. It's probably one of the few products in my make-up bag that I've bought time and time again.

It makes your lashes look natural but better. I find it's a great everyday mascara. I prefer the waterproof over the original formula due to it's holding power. I have very straight, short, not-so-full lashes. Basically, everything you wouldn't want your lashes to be...so sad.

After curling my lashes, I apply a few coats and find my lashes to be longer and darker. I don't find it to be too voluminous (or full as the name would imply) even after applying a few coats. The brush is easy to work with. I do find that it does smear towards the end of the day. I only apply the mascara on my top lashes but find a smear at the lower, outer bottom corner of my eye.

Second is Cover Girls Lash Blast: waterproof in very black. Again, a nice everyday mascara that I frequently interchange with the Full N' Soft. I do find this one is slightly more dramatic. My lashes look longer, fuller, and darker. For me, it doesn't smear on my lower eye as much as the Full and Soft. I did feel my lashes were slightly more crispy, not quite KFC extra crispy, but something I was willing to overlook. It took me awhile to get accustomed to the fat brush and short bristles. I'm happy with the results and I've purchased this a couple of times.

Two lovely drug store mascaras that will give you a nice polished every day look.



No comments:

Post a Comment