Pages

Contact me:

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Simple Chocolate Strawberry Smoothie




I've been on a kefir kick lately (the last few months). I've been reading more and more benefits to drinking it. For those of you who are unfamiliar with kefir here is a brief description of it.

Easily digested, it cleanses the intestines, provides beneficial bacteria and yeast, vitamins and minerals, and complete proteins.

The regular use of kefir can help relieve all intestinal disorders, promote bowel movement, reduce flatulence and create a healthier digestive system. In addition, its cleansing effect on the whole body helps to establish a balanced inner ecosystem for optimum health and longevity.

Kefir can also help eliminate unhealthy food cravings by making the body more nourished and balanced. Its excellent nutritional content offers healing and health-maintenance benefits to people in every type of condition.



The above was taken from http://www.kefir.net/ for those of you who want to read more. I'm sure there are a million other articles out there for you to Google your little heart out.

Seriously who couldn't benefit from an increased bowel movement? (small childish smirk across my face).

I try to eat healthy. Don't get me wrong, I consume my share of oh so delicious cupcakes and yummy salty french fries. I mean life is short, so I have to try and enjoy it. I know I'm probably cutting my life even shorter by consuming large quantities of junk food. I do try to balance it out. Instead of reaching for that chocolate chip cookie, I've been making myself kefir smoothies. No blender required....meaning no need to wake the kids during those midnight snack cravings. I thought I'd share it with you guys.

For about an 8 oz or so serving:

Fill 1/4 of the glass with strawberry kefir and the other 3/4 of the glass fill with chocolate soy milk (my favorite is Silk). Mix with a spoon and enjoy.

It reminds me of a chocolate dipped strawberry in liquid form. I just had a glass! My kids enjoy it too!


FYI: I'm not a dietitian, nutritionist, or an expert in any way, shape or form as far as healthy eating. It just tastes yummy, so I thought I'd share it.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds yummy! I've enjoyed your blog so much that I'm passing on an award for you. Grab it at http://www.faith4moms.blogspot.com. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete