Pages

Contact me:

Friday, June 4, 2010

Yummy Yummy in my Tummy Cheese Danish




I made this oh-so delicious recipe last weekend and I plan on making another batch. It was fast and easy. Did I mention delicious?

I couldn't wait for it to cool, so I ended up burning my tongue. Luckily, Familybites suggested I have a glass of cold milk ready. Good thing I did, because it came in handy. Sadly, the minor burn did not stop me from eating 3/4 of the pan myself....no joke! Guess what I'm going to be making again?!

The other 1/4 of the pan was consumed happily by family and friends. My daughter loved the cream cheese filling. All had rave reviews!

Here is the recipe from the Familybites blog. You can also visit her blog directly to read the history behind this danish. It's on her April 16, 2010 posting.

I had to substitute in vanilla extract for the almond extract, since I ran out. I'm going to get myself another bottle of almond extract for this weekends batch.
The Cream Cheese Danish
Adapted by: Me

2 tubes crescent rolls*(I have found Pillsbury works best...I know, I seem like a brand name snob, but I'm telling you, it's worth it)
2 (8oz.) packages of cream cheese, softened
1 C. sugar
1/2 tsp. almond extract

For topping:
5 T. butter, softened
1/2 C. sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon

Grease a 9x13 pan. Take one tube of crescent roll dough and roll out so it covers entire bottom of pan. Blend the cream cheese, sugar and extract until smooth. Take cream cheese mixture and spread on top of the crescent roll dough. Take the 2nd tube of dough and cover the top of the cream cheese mixture. Then combine the softened butter, sugar and cinnamon and crumble (or spread, depending on consistency of your butter mixture) on top.

Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.

Cool before cutting.


Here's your warning: have glass of cold milk ready for fresh, out of the oven danishes!!!! They also taste great with a cup of coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment